Monday, January 09, 2006

Prologue

January 9, 2006- My name is Bruce Liles and I am writing from a little town in southern Indiana called Birdseye. It's in the SE corner of Dubois County about 20 miles from Jasper.

I have begun writing about my experiences and things I hear about while I am here so that more people will know about and care about a little town that is a little part of America that is going away. for better or worse. for whatever reason.

I have yet to settle on a focus or format. my criteria for a post is that I think that it's interesting in some way. to me. or someone. for some reason.

The entries are usually short because I'm not yet a writer who is willing to suffer for his craft.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have so enjoyed your stories! My family is also from Birdseye. Hubby and I returned herea couple years ago; the people and culture were the main reasons. My grandfather ran the Birdseye power plant for years before the REMC took over. Keep the stories coming!